Coda File System

Re: Caching mechanism

From: Dhaivat Pandya <dhaivatpandya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 11:29:37 -0600
> My conclusion based on my experience (YMMV) is that lazy fetching
> s a very efficient strategy. Given the "high cost" of accessing
> a file without a reason, the less prefetching the better.

I would agree that this true for many situations. However, with virtualized
environments like Amazon EC2 with extremely low latency and high bandwidth
between nodes, I'm taking a guess that predictive pre-fetching might be
feasible. Thoughts?

P.S: Sorry if this gets sent out multiple times - there's something wrong
with my email client.