Coda File System

Re: Coda status quo and future

From: Jaap Winius <jwinius_at_umrk.nl>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 00:19:14 +0200
Dear Satya,

Thanks very much for your reply! If my coding skills or my bank
account were any match for my enthusiasm for open source distributed
file systems, then I would certainly be coding for or donating to this
project. Hell, if file systems were like women, then this one would
have me on my knees in an instant! Why so little attention has been
paid to her is beyond me.

As things stand, though, all I can do is learn about Coda and help
spread the word. I'm a slow learner and am also highly undisciplined,
but I'm persistent and I like to think that I have reasonable writing
skills. In the past year, I've written a number of HOWTOs for systems
based on MIT Kerberos V, OpenLDAP and OpenAFS
(http://www.rjsystems.nl/en/2100.php), but I look forward to adding
some involving Coda.

After that I'll try to roll it out across some actual server machines
and then who knows. Judging from the current state of the Coda
website, by that time maybe I can help out there as well. By the way,
a series of Debian packages should definitely be created for Coda!
That, combined with a few fresh HOWTOs and some improved documentation
should certainly get it more attention.

I already have and will continue to look for people to contact who
might be interested in this project, but otherwise that's it. I'll do
what I can and thanks once again for your reply.

Cheers,

Jaap