Coda File System

Re: FUSE usability for Coda?

From: <u+codalist-wk5r_at_chalmers.se>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 18:28:01 +0200
Thanks Simon!

It is exactly the kind of insight I was looking for.

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 05:58:35PM +0200, Simon Wilkinson wrote:
> FUSE also prevents Coda from doing it's current file operations
> trick, where it swaps the file operations from being Coda's to that of
> the backing cache, and so avoids the double-cache and memory caching
> problem that afflicts both fs-cache, and OpenAFS. If you moved to FUSE,
> you're going to end up with two page cache entries - one for "Coda"
> and the other for the backing FS.

That's really sad. On the other side not a show-stopper.

Wonder if a custom Coda kernel module could be cut down to provide nothing
else than the "file handle trick" while for the rest of the operations
refer to FUSE? Or is it just a wishful thinking?

Regards,
Rune