Coda File System

Re: createvol_rep patch

From: <u+codalist-wk5r_at_chalmers.se>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 14:25:50 +0100
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 07:48:04PM -0500, root wrote:
> Script hack details:
> *) Checks for volname length and errors if it exceeds 30 bytes

This is nice.

Regarding the backup stuff: IMHO it could be placed separately in a "module"
where the local administrator could choose between several ones, if/as
necessary. Different sites use different means for taking backups so
this code doesn't really belong to the general volume creation operation.

(This is what I meant by "possibly attacking a wrong problem".)

Nice that you took time to comment your approach, this helps a lot
to be able to comment:

> NOTE 1:  There was a special function called "echon" that uses printf for
> echoing to the terminal.  It is used sporadically in the script in lieu of
> echo -- since both were used, I simply used echo.

> NOTE 3:  I use echo -n for a non carriage-return echo, which is NOT used
> elsewhere in the script, and as such, I do not know whether it's
> functionality is guaranteed.

This is the very reason for the presence of echon()

Regards,
Rune