Coda File System

Re: modular clog + kerberos

From: <u+codalist-wk5r_at_chalmers.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 13:39:12 +0100
Hi Don,

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 04:16:11AM -0800, root wrote:
> Apparently you create the user via pdbtool (already done).  Then set the
> password by issuing an "au" command (something you had also mentioned in an
> earlier correspondance).

Right.

> I have created users with pdbtool, so that is done.  However, I am unclear
> whether the following "au" dialog is asking for an admin user/pass or
> whether is is asking for the actual user/pass of the new user.  Either way,
> it doesn't work:

At first it asks for the account and password of a user with sufficient
privileges. The user has to be a member of System:Adminstrators.

"realmadmin" is such an account, and the installation script tells you
the password :)

> [root_at_sandbox2 ~]# au -h sandbox2.host.domain nu
> Your Vice name: kerberos_admin_at_KERBEROS.REALM
> Your password:[blank]
> RPC2_Bind() --> RPC2_NOTAUTHENTICATED (F)

It is Coda business, Kerberos is out of question for management of Coda users.
Kerberos is used indirectly for authentication / issuing tokens only.

> >This page is clearly many years out of date. It is certainly misleading
> >for an inexperienced reader.
>
> I think that ought to be the motto for coda.

:-)

The developers do not use "Intro"-kind stuff themselves, so they tend
to forget to update it. Good that you asked.

> It is encouraging to see that it has already been updated.

Thanks for noticing :)

Regards,
Rune