Coda File System

Re: Coda newbie

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:56:14 -0400
On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 07:03:50PM +0200, Matias Surdi wrote:
> I'm going to test some distributed filesystems, and by now my two
> options are OpenAFS and Coda.
>
> Is coda in active development?

There is still active development, but it isn't going terribly fast.
OpenAFS definitely has a larger community behind it.

> Would you recommend to use it under FreeBSD or Debian?

There was a good push to get a working Coda release out for the most
recent FreeBSD-stable release. I think it works pretty well now. I tend
to mostly use a Debian based system myself, but haven't heard complaints
from people using Coda on Fedora or Gentoo either. I think there are
also at least two people using NetBSD.