Coda File System

Re: Kerberos broken in Coda 6.9.2?

From: <u+codalist-p4pg_at_chalmers.se>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:12:22 +0200
On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 05:07:47PM +0400, mkondrin wrote:
> Hello!
> I tried to upgrade my Coda installation from 6.0.12 to the latest 6.9.2
> I use Coda with Heimdal-Kerberos but can not compile this release on

Hello Mikhail,

nice to hear someone is concerned about Coda-Kerberos interoperability.

This is possibly an occasion for the developers to consider
merging the modular clog into mainstream?

We are using Kerberos for Coda authentication here
and also plan some infrastructure which is impossible without
the modular clog (public key authentication in certain important cases).

That's why we are eagerly awaiting the code to be merged.
We use the "modular" patches internally for a Coda client with all necessary
features but do not distribute, to reduce the burden of support.

The only old functionality which is dropped by the modular clog
is support for Kerberos 4 - which is hardly an important (or desirable)
mode of operation. Kerberos 5 works fine with both MIT och Heimdal
libraries, we are using Heimdal as it can be linked statically in contast
to MIT.

Regards,
Rune