Coda File System

Re: Crashed server fails to restart

From: Martin van Es <coda_at_mrvanes.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:28:07 +0200
On Friday 14 September 2007 15:15:43 u+codalist-p4pg_at_chalmers.se wrote:

> You may try rvmutl (http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/doc/html/rvm_manual-8.html)
>
> See also norton-reinit, an example of its usage is in
> http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/maillists/codalist/att-0982/reinit

Again, thx a lot for the time and suggestions! Will archive them all!

rvmutl shone a light on the cause of my problems: the partition on which the
data and log files reside was for some unexplained reason mounted ro.

I have allways found the output of mount command confusing, because it shows
the initial mount options, not the current (that's why I was convinced it was
mounted rw, untill I tried 'touch test' in the data/log directory, which
failed!).

remounted the disk and codaserver now happily starts and runs along nicely.

My sincere apologies for the mailinglist contamination with my rambling!

As a payback attempt, this is my server login script that makes use of Xdialog
and checks the existance of gcodacon before launching another. Makes desktop
integration nearly seemless...

#!/bin/sh

USER=[user]
SERVER=[server]

Xdialog --stdout --password --inputbox "Coda password for $USER@$SERVER" 0 0 \
        | clog $USER@$SERVER

# show tokens received
Xdialog --msgbox "`ctokens @$SERVER`" 0 0

# find gcodacon's PID
PID=`ps -o pid,cmd -C python | grep gcodacon | awk '{print $1}'`

# if no PID found, start gcodacon
if [ "$PID" == "" ]; then
        gcodacon &
fi