Coda File System

Re: repair fails

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:31:41 -0500
On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 05:18:18PM +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> I've got some conflicts and tried to repair them with the "repair"
> tool. But no matter what I do "beginrepair" fails with
> "Local-gloal repair session already in progress, REP_CMD_END failed:
> No such file or directory" and leaves the repair session opened.
>
> What can I do ?

What version of the client are you running?

If it is 6.9.0, then you could try

    # close the repair session
    cfs collapse /path/to/conflict  (or cfs endrepair ...)

    # check local changes
    cfs listlocal /path/to/conflict

If there is anything in the log that may be interesting,

    # check local changes
    cfs checkpointml /path/to/conflict  (or cfs ck ...)
    cp /usr/coda/spool/<uid>/<volume>.tar /tmp/saved_local_files.tar

Then we can try to drop just the first conflicting log record from the
CML, once we clear that the rest may just reintegrate normally

    # discard the conflicting entry
    cfs discardlocal /path/to/conflict

If that doesn't work it is also possible to purge all local changes from
the log,

    cfs purgeml /path/to/conflict