Coda File System

Using ACL

From: S. Cance <stephane.cance_at_enst-bretagne.fr>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 23:17:08 +0100
Hi,

I am trying the many options of coda and there is a lot of things I
don't understand.
I hope someone can enlighten me.

I'm trying to use ACLs

when I do a 'cfs la /coda/lina1.lina-priv.enstb.org/' (which is the /
volume) or any subdir of the volume
i get :
# cfs la /coda/lina1.lina-priv.enstb.org
/coda/lina1.lina-priv.enstb.org: Connection timed out

but i also have :
# cfs la /coda
      System:AnyUser  rl

(I'm authed as admin)

I also would like confirmation about the quotas to be sure. Each volume
has only one quota value ?
If so, I really don't understand since each volume is on its own
physical partition.

there is something else I don't understand, I created a ext2 partition
(mounted on /vicepa) on which my / volume is stored.
Can I access this volume files via /vicepa (I don't have anything else
than the FTREEDB file) (on the server).
If I can't why using ext2 ?

can I access local volumes on the server without using a coda client ?
If I can, could it be an issue for reintegration of files ?

I think I don't have a clear understanding of the coda mechanics, I read
the wiki and many other pages, but it is not enough for me to understand
everything.

--
Stephane Cance