Coda File System

Re: Replication server problems

From: Achim Stumpf <newgrp_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:24:23 +0100

> Those failing greps are a good indication that the following command
> failed,
>
>     volutil -h "$SERVER" getvolumelist "/tmp/vollist.$$" 2>/dev/null
>
> I guess we won't see the errors since stderr is redirected to /dev/null.
> So I wonder if there is an error message when we run the following on
> clusty1.
>
>     volutil -h clusty2.mytest.de getvolumelist
>
> This should dump the list of volumes (and partitions) to stdout and if
> it doesn't it should give some error message.
On clusty1:
# volutil -h clusty2.mytest.de getvolumelist
V_BindToServer: binding to host clusty2.mytest.de
RPC2_NewBinding to server clusty2.mytest.de failed with RPC2_NOBINDING (F)

> My guess is that there may
> a slight difference for /vice/db/volutil.tk on both machines and so the
> volutil on clusty1 fails to authenticate with the server on clusty2.

On clusty1:
# od -t c volutil.tk
0000000   t   e   s   t   2   0   0   6  \n
0000011

On clusty2:
]# od -t c volutil.tk
0000000   t   e   s   t   2   0   0   6  \n
0000011

Until 02. January I am on holiday, But it would be nice to get two
replication servers online during january for further testing...

So I wish you all a happy christmas and a happy new year...

Cheers,

Achim ;o)