Coda File System

Re: Coda Client running in VMWare?

From: Adam Wolbach <awolbach_at_cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 21:53:54 -0400
> Has anyone been successful running the latest Windows XP Coda client with-in a VMWare session?
Yes, I both used and developed the 6.1.0 Coda client in VMWare Linux
(Debian) and Windows XP VM's for over a year.
> I thought I remembered someone suggesting that if you ran a Coda client in VMWare it would never properly reconnect?

I had problems with the client disconnecting and reconnecting seemingly
at random, even when connected through ethernet in the same building as
the Coda servers.  So if I wanted to be strongly connected before I ran
an operation, I often did a "cfs cs" first.  I can attest that the Coda
client works in both of those operating systems though, so if you have
any questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Adam