Coda File System

Re: Problems with venus

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 20:15:07 -0400
On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 01:28:04AM +0200, Julian Golderer wrote:
> But now venus gives me a strange error message.

Not sure which error you are worried about,

> 00:39:23 Ignoring requested # of cml entries (1664), using rvm value (16664)
> 00:39:23 Ignoring requested # of cache files (416), using rvm value (4166)
> 00:39:23 Ignoring requested # of hoard entries (208), using rvm value (2083)
> 00:39:23        (restart venus with the -init flag to reset RVM values)

These are not a problem, the first time venus was started, the cache
size was set to 100000, so it based the number of cacheable files and
related items from that number. For some reason the cache is set for
10000, so everything is off by a factor 10, but venus doesn't know if it
is safe to discard anything so it is ignoring the new setting until it
is started with '-init' or alternatively if a file named INIT exists in
the cache directory.

> 00:39:24 Warning: CacheBlocks changing from 100000 to 10000

This could be a problem because we previously ignored the cache size
change. I think it is safe even with a full cache since it will only
discard data that is considered clean.

> ***LWP (0x813dcd0): Select returns error: 4

I think this is harmless, something sent a signal to venus, it could be
that your liblwp is using sigaltstack to fork off new threads, or the
makecontext implementation is using something similar. Or maybe this is
because the mount of /coda has completed and we signal the main process
to detach from the terminal.