Coda File System

Re: PATCH: pkgs/lwp.spec.in

From: Jerry Amundson <jerry_at_pbs.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 20:47:04 -0500
On Sat May 27 2006 14:50, Jan Harkes wrote:
> On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 01:40:49AM -0500, Jerry Amundson wrote:
> > This is needed on newer Fedora systems. I've tested on FC5 and
> > OpenSUSE 10.0 successfully.
>
> I actually installed FC5 yesterday to check everything. I got the
> Copyright: -> License: change, but I did the liblwp.so.2 differently.

Cool! I was worried I'd become the de-facto Coda Fedora maintainer for a
while there! (Not. ;-)

> That file is a symlink generated by ldconfig, which we automatically
> run after the package is installed (or removed). So there should be
> no reason to package it and not having it allows someone to have for
> instance liblwp.so.2.1 and liblwp.so.2.2 installed at the same time
> without a packaging conflict.
>
> So I added a rm -f for those files at the end of the install section.

Good. I figured there was a better way...

> btw. I also fixed the compile errors for Coda and a lot of the
> pointer-aliasing warnings, but there were so many all over the place
> that there are still a couple remaining.

Yep. Just went through the whole configure, make, rpmbuild, rpm install
thing, using CVS updated after the latest commit today. All going
perfectly, except the coda "make dist" error.
[jerry_at_elm coda]$ make dist
make: *** No rule to make target `dist'.  Stop.

Is it too complicated to make coda's tarball creation like the others?
Or maybe you can give the secret? Though, so far it seems fine to
manually make my file list from the 6.0.14 tarball and go from there...

jerry