Coda File System

Re: Building coda with kerberos support

From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26_at_gentoo.org>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 20:46:54 +0200
On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 02:26:26PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I would look at configure.ac and see how the krb4 includes/libs are
> handled, and why they aren't in CPPFLAGS, or why CPPFLAGS isn't used
> in the test compile.

As I suspected, it is because of the order of handling --with-krb and
--with-krb-includes.

The file configs/coda_macros.m4 defines a function CODA_CHECK_KRB4.
This function first performs a check for header files and only then
calls CODA_OPTION_LIBRARY(krb4) to add the include path to CPPFLAGS.

After having moved the CODA_OPTION_LIBRARY line up to get:

AC_DEFUN(CODA_CHECK_KRB4,
 [AC_ARG_WITH(krb4,
   [  --with-krb4     Link against kerberos4 libraries],
   [CODA_OPTION_LIBRARY(krb4)
    CODA_CHECK_LIBCOMERR
    AC_CHECK_HEADERS(krb.h des.h)
    ])

instead of:

AC_DEFUN(CODA_CHECK_KRB4,
 [AC_ARG_WITH(krb4,
   [  --with-krb4     Link against kerberos4 libraries],
   [CODA_CHECK_LIBCOMERR
    AC_CHECK_HEADERS(krb.h des.h)
    CODA_OPTION_LIBRARY(krb4)])

the header files were detected properly.

I also noticed while looking at this file that the same problem is
present for openssl and krb5.

Maurice.

--
Maurice van der Pot