Coda File System

Re: codasrv crash on netbsd/sparc64 3.0

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:11:17 -0400
On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 02:59:14PM -0400, Sean Caron wrote:
> Using 'pdbtool list' also gives segmentation fault...
>
> Should I try to apply this patch to rwcdb_file.c in addition to the earlier
> rwcdb_pack.h patch and see what happens? Or do you guys think there is
> another issue afoot?

Well the segfault made it all clear. The mmap is failing, i.e. returns
the 32-bit unsigned '-1', but the code is checking for MAP_FAILED, which
I guess is defined as a 64-bit unsigned representation of '-1'.o

You should be able to revert the change to rwcdb_pack.h, and only use
the fix for rwcdb_file.c. Since it simply avoids using mmap we won't
have to figure out how to correctly handle the 32 vs. 64 bit issues
when it is failing.

In any case, it is kind of curious that mmap fails. Do you have
/vice/db/prot_users.cdb and what size is it?