Coda File System

Re: Couldn't create socket

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:12:02 -0500
On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 09:46:40PM +0100, Georg von Zengen wrote:
> I am a coda newbie and have a problem with the rpc2b.c.
> When I start "codastart" I get this error message:
>
> 	Main Process: "rpc2b.c", line 125:    RPC2_Init(): Couldn't 			create socket

There are various syscalls that might have failed, alas they are all
mapped to RPC2_FAIL in the CreateIPSocket routine, so I can't really tell
why this is failing.

You could run 'strace /usr/sbin/codasrv' and see if we get errors for
any of the following syscalls,

    socket()	  /* allocates a socket */
    bind()	  /* binds it to the port we're interested in */
    getsockname() /* gets the address and port we were given */