Coda File System

Re: client hang

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 17:03:55 -0400
Forgot to cc the list...

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 01:50:27PM -0600, Patrick Walsh wrote:
> 	We had a client hang today.  I realized that venus hadn't been
> restarted on this machine for some time (close to a month) and that may
> have contributed to the problem, but just the same I'd like to avoid the
> problem in the future.
>
> 	The assert that got triggered is in the SetRcRights function.

Interesting, something is trying to mark the file as having all the data
cached while we don't actually have the data yet. I've hit this problem
before but only in my development tree and I thought it was a relatively
new problem.

So I already have a fix, we will only mark the attributes as cached if
we don't have the data yet. I guess the change is small enough that I
can pull it into the CVS tree.