Coda File System

Re: Problems with clog and Kerberos 5

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 23:07:18 +0200
Hi Cris,

I would suggest using the modular clog instead.
Hopefully it will replace the old one in the mainstream distribution
but currently it exists as a separate patch.

The patch can be found at

 /coda/konvalo.org/sw/pm/1/TOP/c/coda/V/6.0.11/L/1/BUILD/patch.modular-clog

and the way I built Coda (including patch application) at

 /coda/konvalo.org/sw/pm/1/TOP/c/coda/V/6.0.11/L/1/NOTES

To debug kerberos-related configuration on the server side I suggest
using the precompiled coda client from
 http://www.konvalo.org/pub/coda-client-setup
which works on any Linux distribution with a Coda-aware kernel.
It includes kerberos5, of course.

For troubleshooting you can run clog as follows:

clog -method kerberos5 <id>@<codarealm> \
       -krealm <kerberos_realm> \
       -kdc <kerberos_kdc> [-kdc <kerberos_kdc>] \
       -servprinc <serv_principal> \
       [-withaddr  {yes|no}] \
       [-proxiable {yes|no}]

Of course, normally you will not need any options, but making authentication
easy will be the next step, when you know it works at all.

Best regards,
--
Ivan