Coda File System

Coda with large files

From: <mdbridge_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:33:45 -0500 (CDT)
  I am looking into implementing Coda to provide server replication and failover in a environment where an automated upload system creates a directory for each file uploaded (In the case of graphics files, two files per directory).  Based on the computations for RVM space I am concerned that the RVM requirements for such an arrangement could quickly become prohibitive.  Is RVM size still an issue in later Coda implementations?  Also, would swapping of the RVM to disk severely impact performance or does the meta-data exhibit enough locality to keep performance acceptable?    Also, could moving to a 64-bit architecture improve RVM performance?

Mark Bidewell