Coda File System

missing the root volume... I think

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 19:25:38 +0930
Folks,

I am trying coda out on a NetBSD-current machine, after a little bit
of a bug hunt as to why NetBSD did not know about the coda fs (for
people who are interested, you need version 1.44 of coda_vfsops.c so
the file system is correctly attached to the vfs layer).  I attempted
to set up a coda server and client on my laptop and I have come
unstuck.

I configure and run up the server, all the logs look ok as far as I
can tell but when I try to access the realm I have setup (just rover -
that is the name of my lapdog^H^H^Htop) I get an error when I look in
the /coda directory I just see a dangling symbolic link like this:

2 lrw-r--r--  1 root  65534  8 Jul  2 17:40 /coda/rover -> #@rover

I am not sure why.  I put rover into the realms file just in case it
was a name resolution thing but that didn't seem to matter.  I can
access the coda test server, that seems to work without problem.

--
Brett Lymn