Coda File System

Re: Coda Server Storage

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 15:55:45 +0200
Hi Lahcen,

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 02:11:31PM +0200, Lahcen Kerrouchi wrote:
> I have 2 Linux/debians with 2.6.8 kernel version. I have installed a
> coda server on one and a client on the other.Connections are OK but when
> i create a file in /coda (for example "touch file1.txt")on the client
> (for example "/touch file1.txt/"), it's OK but on the server it is
> represented as a number in the tree: */vicepa/0/0/1*

you seem to expect Coda to export a local file system. It does not.
All access to files in Coda is possible via clients and /coda/<realm>/....
paths only.

> Can you help me in how coda server store client's files.

You do not need to know that to be able to use Coda.
Servers store files somehow. It does not matter.

You should never try to directly access objects which are managed by
the servers like contents of their file storage (usually under /vicepa).

Best regards,
--
Ivan