Coda File System

fscking the coda partition

From: Daniel Savard <dsavard_at_cids.ca>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 17:30:18 -0400
I read somewhere in the manuals the filesystem which hold the Coda
partitions shouldn't be fscked. I ran into a problem recently and I
finally discovered this was because the server refused to mount the
partition's filesystem because it was not fscked.

So, I fscked it and mounted it and everything seems to work.

HOWEVER, I must specify this partition didn't hold yet any files, so, my
question is: Should we fsck or not the Coda partition's filesystems at
boot time or when running into filesystem problems?

If no, how are we supposed to fix filesystem problems?

THX,

Daniel