Coda File System

acl length

From: Jan Kopriva <vasquez_at_jikos.cz>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:11:56 +0200
Hi all,

I read (I think in jjk-thesis) that an ACL could have thousands of entries.
Well, Venus itself check for 1000, but if somebody sets the ACL (using cfs)
the kernel that accepts buffer from pioctl counts only with 2KB of data.
I realised that even a 2KB list is unlikely to exist (around 20 entries
or so),
because of groups, the situation might happen. User could create a long list
and because of Venus check (> 1000) it is forwarded to Vice, but at the end
it does not contain all the stuff the user set.

Do you think that a check should be included(I can make it) in cfs.cc that
does not allow to set a list bigger than CFS_PIOBUFFSIZE
(2KB - length of standard pioctl buffer), to avoid the hypothetical
sitution?

Thanks for your time