Coda File System

Non-SCM server setup problem

From: Alastair Johnson <alastair_at_solutiontrax.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:42:36 +0100
I have successfully set up a single coda server with a root volume, and can
access it from a number of clients. Now I would like to set up a second,
non-SCM server to give volume replication a try, but I am having problems.
Here's what happens:

vice-setup
Welcome to the Coda Server Setup script!

You already have a file /etc/coda/server.conf!
Continueing will remove that file.
Do you want to continue? [yes/no] yes
Setting up config files for a coda server.
Do you want the file /etc/coda/server.conf created? [yes]
What is the root directory for your coda server(s)? [/vice]
Setting up /vice.
Directories under /vice are set up.

Is this the master server, aka the SCM machine? (y/n) n
Enter the hostname of the SCM machine : <scm_hostname>
Enter the update token that matches SCM <scm_hostname>: <my_token>
Fetching needed files from SCM <scm_hostname>.

Date: Tue 04/12/2005

11:25:44 Fetch failed with RPC2_SEFAIL2 (F)

updatefetch failed with RPC2_SEFAIL2 (F)
Could not fetch prot_users.cdb from SCM.  Make sure SCM is setup
correctly and then rerun /usr/sbin/vice-setup.

I am using 6.0.8. I am using /etc/hosts not DNS, though I now know this can
cause problems. Is this one of them?

Any advice on how to get up and running would be greatly appreciated

Al