Coda File System

replicated servers

From: Patrick Walsh <pwalsh_at_esoft.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 08:54:42 -0600
	I need some help setting up a non-scm server.  I ran through vice-setup
and configured it appropriately.  I started the updateclnt, auth2, and
codasrv processes.  After fixing an error where the server couldn't find
a ROOTVOLUME file that it wanted to replicate, the db files were
properly transferred over to the replicated server.  I added the
replicated server to the servers file.

	If I use a client to connect directly to the replicated server (by
cd'ing to /coda/x.x.x.x using the ip address of the replicated server),
I can see a list of the files and directories, but if I try to cd into
them or cat a file in the root dir, I get permission denied and timeout
errors.  I'm logged in as the administrator and my tokens are good for
x.x.x.x.

	I expect I haven't set something up properly, but the documentation is
outdated.  For example, the documentation says I should create two new
entries in the /vice/db/VSGDB file, but there is no longer any such
file.

	The non-scm server will simply be replicating the volumes on the scm --
it won't have any of its own volumes (unless those are needed for
replication).

	I'd really appreciate any help.

	Also, an unrelated question: if I have a cluster of web servers using
coda for shared storage, do I have to worry about their tokens expiring?
Do other people use cron jobs to renew their tokens every day or so?

Thanks,

--
Patrick Walsh
eSoft Incorporated