Coda File System

Kerberos and Coda

From: Daniel Savard <dsavard_at_cids.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:54:21 -0500
I am trying to implement Kerberos authentication for Coda. I created a
test user in Coda with pdbtool and the same user exists in Kerberos. I
checked Kerberos authentication with kinit and it is working fine. While
trying to clog I am getting the following messages:

username: myuser_at_somehost.mycorp.ca
krb5.c: Server not found in Kerberos database while preparing AP_REQ
Password for myuser_at_MYCORP.CA:
krb5.c: Server not found in Kerberos database while preparing AP_REQ
Failed to get secret for somehost.mycorp.ca
Invalid login (RPC2_FAIL (F)).

MYCORP.CA is the Kerberos realm and somehost.mycorp.ca is the Coda
realm.

In my venus.conf I have the following lines:

realm="somehost.mycorp.ca"
kerberos5service="host/%s"
kerberos5realm=MYCORP.CA
kerberos5kinit="kinit"