Coda File System

Re: Another alpha Coda client for Windows XP.

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:13:38 +0100
On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 08:43:18PM +0300, mkondrin_at_hppi.troitsk.ru wrote:
> This indeed proved to be the hard part (the way kerberos is supported by
> cygwin). I have managed to compile coda source with Leash32 dlls ( I
> couldn't make configure script to accept --with-krb5-libraries option
> and manually edit auth2/Makefile to link coda with Leash libraries).
> clog now acquire -kerberos5 flag, but it segfaulted before I could enter
> the password. I traced clog with gdb and the problem seems to be
> somethere around Krb5GetSecret.
> It looks to me like clog couldn't find credential cache. The windows
> port of MIT Kerberos uses in-memory cache instead of file cache. So may
> be the case is the different defaults coda (clog) and kinit use?
> It will require a little more of digging.

I think you may be better off trying the modular clog:
/coda/konvalo.org/sw/pm/1/TOP/c/coda/V/cvs20050303/L/1/BUILD/patch.modular-clog

Its kerberos5 module does not depend on any kerberos utilities,
neither on kerberos credentials cache, it is totally self-contained.
All it needs is kerberos libs to link against.

I did not try to compile it under Cygwin, but it might work "out of the box"
if you are lucky.

The patch applies after configure run on *nix, you may need some tweaks.

Regards,
--
Ivan