Coda File System

Re: starting over

From: <mkondrin_at_hppi.troitsk.ru>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:58:04 +0300

>createvol_rep / camboinha.servers/vicepa -3
>that didn't worked. i waite 2hours and ctrl_Clled.

Then you run vice-setup it asked you about the name of the rootvolume.
The name of this volume should be present as the first argument to
createvol_rep (instead of / in your setup). So creatvol_rep <name of
your root volume> camboinha.servers/vicepa should work if required
services already running (i.e. auth2, rpc2portmap, updatesrv, updateclnt
-h camboinha.servers, startserver).
I had similar problems too when I first set up my coda server. They were
mostly connected to wrong /etc/hosts data (I have no DNS in my coda
realm).  My scm has two interfaces and the problems gone away after I
set different names to both of its interfaces with coda-server bound to
the only one of them.
Hope this help you.