Coda File System

Re: Volumes remain in volumelist

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:31:22 -0500
On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 10:03:20PM +0100, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Well, but all of the above doesn't help - using volutil purge ...
> directly simply reports that such a volume does not exist. Therefor I
> conclude that purgevol_rep partially did it's job - but somewhere
> information about the volume remains stored (probably the rvmlog?). I
> should add, that these problems started with version 6.0.7, but
> obviously there was no problem when using 6.0.6.
>
> What has changed around "volutil purge"?

As far as I know nothing changed in volutil purge.

If 'volutil getvolumelist' lists a volume, then the volume exists and
should be purgeable with 'volutil purge <volumeid> <replicaname>'.

Both the volumeid and the replicaname do have to match. And the replica
name is not the same as the replicated volume name, but has a '.0', or
'.1' appended.