Coda File System

Re: max venus cache size?

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 14:13:50 +0200
On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 04:31:21AM -0500, Brian Finney wrote:
> curios what is considered to be the current max size for the venus cache
>
> the docs say 200MB but there is also a convo from a few months ago
> saying up to 2GB may be possible, where does it stand these days.

Venus allocates some rvm space depending on the cache size.
Rvm data cannot be bigger than about 1G, so watch what your Venus says
at startup. I think to be safe you want your rvm log size and rvm data size
together be under 1G. That means with 5.5G cache you are "definitely" safe.
6G did work for me once (I did not fully fill it), 8G does not. YMMV.

RVM's limitations are going to be addresses at some point, and will
be of no big significance on 64-bit systems, but for the moment we have
to obey them...

Regards,
--
Ivan