Coda File System

Re: 64-bit issues

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:03:20 -0400
On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 10:44:21AM +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Since I haven't heard anything from anybody, I don't know wether my
> submitted patches will just be ignored or are of no interest;

Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner. They are definitely interesting, but
I am considering that it might be better to just get userspace to work
correctly when compiled as 64-bit (i.e. aim for 64/64 instead of 32/64).

Right now I am (as almost always) doing too many things at the same
time. I was hoping to get a new release out somewhere this month, but
what is in CVS still has some issues (currently doesn't compile on
cygwin/netbsd, crashes on NULL path names). I should get a little better
organized and make a list of what still needs to be done.

> The one thing I would like to know is wether I may expect them to be
> incorporated some time or will I have to keep my own version to have
> something working on sparc64!?

Well, I am always hesitant to break the kernel interface, so that part
might go in a bit later. I'll try to get most of the stuff that doesn't
force a kernel protocol change in the next release.