Coda File System

Re: Server and Client on same machine?

From: Niraj Tolia <ntolia_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:43:27 +0100
Modulo the NFS issue Ivan brought up, be careful. Performance will be
horrible if the server and client are on the same machine. I believe
it has something to do with the large number of fsync()s that need to
be done both by the client and server. While this by itself is not a
big deal, the various disk seeks kill performance.

Niraj