Coda File System

Re: RE : Permission denied adding hoard

From: Niraj Tolia <ntolia_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:29:19 +0100
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:44:21 +0200, EXT / FOCAL CASSUTO Marc
<ext.focal.cassuto_at_sncf.fr> wrote:
> > If I am not wrong, you need to either be logged onto locally
> > (on tty1) on the machine being used, override which user is
> > allowed to hoard in venus.conf, or (not too sure about this
> > one) be root (not coda admin).
>
> And what about hoarding through SSH ??

I believe this was one of the design decisions taken for Coda. If you
allow arbitrary users to hoard, they will walk all over each other. If
you are the primary user, you can stick your userid into venus.conf
and then that userid will be able to hoard through SSH.

Niraj