Coda File System

Re: Partial success with Mac OS X coda client

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen_at_xemacs.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:57:34 +0900

    Jan> Right, but what we distribute is whatever is in the tree
    Jan> after "cvs checkout ; bootstrap.sh".

Ah, OK.  In XEmacs's setup, if it's in the "bare source" tarball, it's
in CVS.  So that's my confusion.

    Jan> So this would include the autom4te.cache files as well.

Ugh.  Are you sure there's nothing in there that's specific to your
environment, including the particular versions of the autotools you
happen to have installed?  I can see advantages (eg, if it means we
use the versions of libtool etc that have been used successfully at
CMU) and disadvantages (if versions get mixed) in that.

    Jan> I guess I will add rm -rf autom4te.cache to the beginning of
    Jan> the bootstrap.sh file, it just seems like a better place for
    Jan> it.

That will work for me.