Coda File System

Re: fsobj::dir_Creat: Create failed, and resolve problems

From: Troy Benjegerdes <hozer_at_hozed.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:33:11 -0500
On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 10:21:17PM -0400, Jan Harkes wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 03:29:53PM -0500, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> > On my linux-kernel torture test.. there seem to be some issues when the
> > quota fills up.. (but it is resolving a bunch of stuff)
> >
> > 15:24:33 RS_ForceFile: Error 122 in AdjustDiskUsage
>
> EDQUOT, quota exceeded. Interesting, both replicas are not in sync, some
> files probably exist on one, other files on the other replica. Both
> replicas are probably under quota, but we can't synchronize them because
> the union of the two would exceed our current quota.

So, what would be the right thing to do in this case? I would think the
client should have a few more checks and block new file writes when it
thinks you are going to get over quota (maybe even blocking at 95%
quota, or something configurable).

I would also make the same argument for filling up a directory.. venus
should block file writes instead of dieing ;)

Also, is there a way to get 'cfs lv' to tell me what a specific server
thinks for disk/quota usage? How does it decide which server to look at?