Coda File System

Re: venus/kernel profiling/speed

From: Troy Benjegerdes <hozer_at_hozed.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:13:07 -0500
> I suppose part of it is data coming from kernel -> venus -> kernel ->
> disk. Can we find a way to short-circuit the common case so the bulk
> file data doesn't have to go through copy_{to|from}_user in the kernel?

I had a DUH moment after sending this.. when does the SHA-1 hashing
for lookaside stuff occur? Only on the server?

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer_at_hozed.org

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz