Coda File System

Re: coda reintegration in write-disconnected mode

From: Juan Carlos Schroeder <jcsc_at_adinet.com.uy>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 00:38:12 -0300
Ok, thank you both for the answers.

I still have some doubts on this.
How does venus decide when to start 'reintegrating'? As I wrote in the
modification.
If I don't want venus to be reintegrating every 2 minutes (f.i.: having
constant modifications to a file every minute) I should do a "-age" command?

Jan, you mean that having modified a file:
a) Not the whole file is sent again, only the "modifications" made?
b) Between opening the file and closing it only "meta-data" (attributes) of
the file is sent and no reintegration is done ?
(I ask you this because I don't really understand what the "CML" count with
"cfs lv" means. Also I tested this with an editor, and changes are always
sent before closing. Probably because this editor "closes" the file after

Thanks both. It is very helpful.

Saludos,
Juan Carlos