Coda File System

Re: RPC2_init failed on cygwin

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 23:22:38 -0400
On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 02:03:26AM -0500, Fasihullah Askiri wrote:
> But i checked... There is nothing bound to the port....
> Can you please elaborate on the difference in the creation of socket for
> the portmapper and the auth2.... if one initialises why not other..

There should be no difference, except that it's a different port number.
I don't know why one works and the other doesn't.

> Also... there was this strange problem
> initially portmapper was also not initialising...
> there are two entries in /etc/services for portmapper
> and two for auth2...
> I commented out one of the entries from /etc/services...
> it started working... and then uncommented it... but portmapper starts
> properly... this sounds very strange.... but i tried this for auth2... it
> does not work out....

Don't know either. Did you recompile from scratch or are you using the
old binaries that were built with a now ancient version of cygwin? There
might be some subtle incompatibilities with newer cygwin DLLs.