Coda File System

Re: venus errors, problems connecting to server

Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:08:56 +0200
On Tuesday 27 April 2004 21:38, Jan Harkes wrote:
> > ls: .: Connection timed out
>
> You're disconnected. You can access what is cached locally, but not what
> isn't cached.
>
> > First of all, I did not succeed in getting to know what this error means,
> > and as a result from that, I am unaware of what I can do about it. I
> > think, I
>
> Connection timed out.... let's see maybe the connection to the server is
> not available. You can run 'cfs checkservers' (aka 'cfs cs') to force a
> server probe.

Aah. That makes sense, indeed. Thank you!

I changed the IP address of the server yesterday, and also changed its
hostname to fit the new address. All clients have been changed too, to
reflect the changes.

If I now issue cfs cs, coda tries to find "mobi" (which is the new owner of
the IP address formerly used for the server.) instead of "marvin" (which is
the actual server). I doublechecked that the hostname is known under the new
IP address on all clients, but coda does seem to ignore that. Instead coda
tries to reach the new owner of that IP, which fails. So the old IP address
of the server must be somewhere in the cache, but where? And how can I change
that? (grep turned not out to be very useful.)

kind regards,
--
sebas