Coda File System

Re: Encryption

From: Michael Tautschnig <>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 19:05:29 +0200
> You can't :) unless you proclaim to be really determined to change the
> world :)
> There is a rewritten clog suite but it is basically waiting for
> 1. completion (working fine but some details should be fixed like
>    server side rewrite and merging all implemented authentication
>    methods (*-gss))
> 2. token format change which is desirable for some reasons including
> 3. changes in Coda identity database to embrace more general
>    identities namespace
> 4. approval :) of Jan & Satya which seems a questionnable thing given the
> deep impact and incompatibilities introduced by the steps above

So it exists somewhere? Is there some CVS-Branch or are you not willing to 
release this unstable code? 

> The earliest point where it could be present (if at all) is probably
> unplanned yet Coda 7 ... ?

> For the moment I am running it since December in "compatibility"
> configuration and may be it is worth merging "as-is" - but it will
> certainly break some setups. E.g. pam_kcoda should be rewritten to interact
> with it.
> (put it as "1a" in the list above...)
How close is pam_kcoda related to the official coda-project? Are they using 
current coda-sources for their development, how fast will changes be merged 
into it?

> Probably you are better off using the existing code with your patch.
> (btw, I guess your patch could help as well by forcing to lowercase,
> then it would be possibly more compatible with the "usual case"?)
I don't know anything about the "usual case" - although this seems sensible... 
BTW - if you use my patch, please insert the code after calling 
krb_canonicalize , so change the already canonicalized hostname...

Received on 2004-04-07 13:10:31