Coda File System

Re: Daemon & XOR outsider on the floor

From: Lionix <lio_at_absium.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 13:20:24 +0100
>Otherwise people will be
> - confused about the meaning of the -as option
> - trying to run with -as flag as non-root
> - trying to make clog setuid root
>with other words it opens a totally unnecessary can of worms...

I agree, a way of confusion...
Moreover this feather/option is not necesary as all unix systems ( all I
know, so perhaps it's Posix ) provide us  the way to change the user id
of a program/script with su.
And it doesn't provide any added security as the file containing the
password in our scripts is root only readable too... Sorry Jan !

The crypto thread is really amazing !!! :-D
Wow, got to read and learn...
At begining was thinking I could help on something ! And join the team....
But reading C is a thing, adding security feather to existing code is a
totaly other one !
Now I think I don't have enough  notions to give some signifiant help in
such a project ( sigh ) !

So if Jan agree and estimate we could remove this feather I'm "volonter"
for this little code-cleaning !
One little to do that you won't have to do....

Well next step would be something like...
$>locate clog.c

--
Lionix