Coda File System

Re: problem with recent cvs, perhaps

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 01:06:36 -0500
On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 01:25:38PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com> writes:
> >   [reintegration lossage with current cvs]
> >
> > I rebuilt everything from scratch, making sure I was up to date with
> > CVS, and I'm still having the "localhost/volid" :-) reintegration
> > failure.
>
> I found that an old venus (2001!!) fails against the current server in
> the same way.  So it seems there must be some recent server-side
> change that breaks reintegration.

Just to let everyone know, this problem is found and fixed. The
arguments to an unpacking function in librpc2 changed and codasrv was
still using the old API.

The problem was introduced in CVS after RPC2-1.20 was released. Anyone
who did not build from CVS is ok. If you did build the CVS version of
rpc2 at any time since last november, either revert back to RPC2-1.20,
or update your Coda source tree to the latest version.