Coda File System

Re: build nits with lwp, autotools versions

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:21:42 -0500
On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 08:38:37AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> In lwp, with all non-cvs files nuked, I get when running ./bootstrap.sh:
>
> autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in

Yup, just tried and had exactly the same thing (with automake-1.7), I
also got a warning that AC_PROG_RANLIB was obsoleted by AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
and about the missing ltmain.sh.

I noticed that there are fewer warnings when libtoolize is used before
automake.

> So, with the following I get a correct build (by which I mean the
> following succeeds, starting from only what's in CVS):
>
> ./bootstrap.sh; ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/coda; make; src/testlwp 2

Applied your patches. I was previously trying from a 'dirty tree' and a
clean checkout really didn't build correctly. Now it seems to work
nicely again. I'm guessing some of the same will be needed for RPC2 and
RVM because their build mostly follows the same structure as LWP.