Coda File System

Re: Yellow zone, slowing down writer

From: Lionix <lio_at_absium.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:48:16 +0100
Jan Harkes wrote:

>In fact, if you were already write-disconnected
>before calling cfs strong, the client will never discover that the
>network actually has good bandwidth and will never transition to the
>connected state.

Woww !!!
So even if you are on a "strong" network ( aka few distance and steps to
physically connect the client to the server ) it would be a bad idea to
use a cronly cfs strong to prevent venus turning into esimating bandwith
behavior !?!

Considering a burst on venus that push it in disconnected state for some
secondes, or minutes with some reintegrations state transitions..... so
venus would freeze in disconnected state ?

Note : I've never observed that, perhaps because I use a cfs
writereconnect just after the cfs strong in the shell script...So it was
ok as I force to switch state !

Lionix