Coda File System

Re: your mail

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:09:17 -0500
On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 10:52:55AM -0500, William Van Etten wrote:
> Each Christmas vacation, I make considerable effort to port CODA to
> Mac OS X.

I'll apply some of those changes to make life easier ;)

> # remove traditional-cpp from CPPFLAGS within configure
> # like:
> case "$build" in
>     powerpc-apple-darwin*)
>         CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS"
>         ;;
>    esac

Interesting, that's the 'CODA_DARWIN_BROKEN_CPP_WORKAROUND' fix. Someone
built Coda on an early MacOS X release and at the time this was needed
to force the build to use the gcc 2.95.2 preprocessor. I guess this
means that the workaround is no longer necessary.

> # build and install coda
> wget http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/pub/coda/src/coda-6.0.3.tar.gz
> tar zxvf coda-6.0.3.tar.gz
> cd coda-6.0.3
> cp -r /usr/share/libtool/config.* configs

Huh? The main Coda source isn't even using libtool, I wonder why you
would need these... ahhh there is a very very old config.guess from
1999 in there. I just copied a couple of newer ones in there.

ps. It seems like you're not actually subscribed to the list. I guess
the 'smartlist' software got confused by something.