Coda File System

Re: Coda Install

From: Lionix <lio_at_absium.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:38:08 +0100
Bobby Hitt wrote:

>Also I had to modify the worker.cc source to add a break after the
>CIOC_KERNEL_VERSION case statement 2 to get venus to even attempt to load. I
>have Coda support in the 2.4.24 config file.

Mmmmm.... If I understand well, you get the venus message complaining
about the kernel version....
And modified the source code to continue....

Have you search in the ML archive some posts about this message before ?
It's not a very good idea to modify the code untill you REALLY know what
you do, and don't have any other options .... (????)

This message is not a non sense... he's here to tell you that you forget
to patch the kernel...
( Necessary since 6.x versions of venus )

 From Jan's magic posts :

 ftp.coda.cs.cmu.edu:/pub/coda/linux/kernel/linux-coda-6.0.0.tgz

    tar -xzf linux-coda-6.0.0.tgz
    cd linux-coda
    make config
    make coda.o
    cp linux2.4/coda.o /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/fs/coda

--
Lionix
FS-Realm (newbee?) Administrator