Coda File System

Venus wants newer kernel

From: Maik Hentsche <maik_at_mm-double.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:06:01 +0100
Hi,
I tried out coda, but it does not work properly. When I start venus, it
fails with
"Coda Venus, version 6.0.3
 [..]
 WorkerInit: Version Skew with kernel! Get a newer kernel!
 WorkerInit: Kernel version is 2
"
My kernel is linux 2.4.24, the coda-client is the one, installed by
debian unstable. I do not want to install coda from source and 2.6 is
much to instable for my production systems. So what do I have to do, to
get a version, that works with 2.4.24 (or even better with some versions
below, maybe down to 2.4.20, because thats the version on my laptop).

so long & thanks for your help
Maik

(hopefully, everything I left out with [..] is not needed)

--
Der Verstand ist wie eine Fahrkarte. Sie hat nur Sinn wenn man sie
benutzt.(Ernst R. Hauschka (*1926), deutscher Essayist,