Coda File System

Re: New user queries :)

From: Lionix <lio_at_absium.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:00:42 +0100

>Hm, I was under the impression AFS didn't support full replication like Coda
>does, but i could be wrong :)

When i was looking for something better than NFS there was different way :
- AFS
- Intermezzo
- Coda
- there is the word Arla but don't remeber what it was, and i purged my
old bookmarks...

Intermezzo was too young and had semaphors....
AFS was in state "Production ready" but wasn't able to do
write-replication...
Only clone-feather of Coda....

>If coda is *not* production ready, would i be
>better off with AFS, and will it do everything i need it to do?

You'll have to compare, make the technical choice...
Your decision.
And if wrong, everybody can change his position...
Hope you'll choose Coda ! :-)

>I really do
>need a stable solution as the whole purpose of this system is to increase the
>reliability of our servers.

That's the need of a lot of people here...

--
Lionix
FS-Realm (newbee?) Administrator