Coda File System

Re: newbie question

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen_at_xemacs.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:00:54 +0900

    lucas> Good point, but no, there's no venus process running....

There doesn't need to be a venus process running.  The problem is that
on Linux process exit does not unmount the coda file system.  This
means that if you shut down without an explicit umount, either by hand
or from a shutdown script, the file system will remain mounted
although it is useless.

Try `mount' with no arguments.

If you had done any work with the filesystem in any process still
running, you may have CWDs pointing to it.  You need to either change
CWD or kill those processes to unmount /coda.  I use

ls -l /proc/[0-9]*/cwd | fgrep /coda

as root to find them; other people use fuser, I think.